Saturday, September 13, 2008

White Africans

Yesterday in History Class we were talking about early slavery in Africa and the Americas. Then my family came into conversation because someone raised their hand and asked if you had to be black to be African and right then Ms. T came in and said "Noooo." Then Ms. O started to talk aout my mom and how she's a White African, so I am a White African, too! [that is what ms. T said anyhow] I guess that's one thing Charlize Theron and I have in common. So then I was happy because I was different and I came home and told mom the whole story, and how whenever anyone says anything about Charlize Theron, I remember the picture of her in a green dress with black straps, and I remember thinking that her eyebrows are so much darker than her hair, and mom bursted my bubble by saying that white Africans basically started slavery from Africa to the Americas. Hmmph. Then we had Peruvian chicken for dinner, and today I am going to the mall.

No comments: